11.30.2016

The Quiet Call of the Yoga Mat


You lie there on the floor, waiting patiently for me to notice you.
I glance at you and look the other way

After all, there are more pressing matters to attend to,
such as
Sending emails
Making a lasagne
Writing a Facebook post
Shopping for Christmas gifts
Finally cleaning out the photo storage that
now overflows with careless snapshots taken on indecisive days

This, in direct defiance of
the vital flow of blood coursing beautifully through my veins
the triumph of limber joints in my body once again
the fullness in my heart
the peace in my mind

Will I or won't I
love myself first today?

3 comments:

  1. This is profound and so beautiful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leon. I always appreciate you stopping by. And now, I'm off to my yoga mat. Am choosing to nurture myself today ;-)

      Delete
  2. Judy Anne, you have captured this so beautifully and this is EXACTLY what I've been doing for the past week. Thank you for the reminder to 'love myself first' today. Xox

    ReplyDelete

blogger template by deblog